What is the Golden State Warriors? An NBA Western conference team? A franchise from The Bay Area? Once one of the most stacked teams in recent NBA history? For me personally, the Golden State Warriors is Stephen Curry. This man went above and beyond to lead this team to success. He did the impossible, resurrecting this franchise from 40 years without a single championship ring or even the slightest chance to get it. In 2021, it is not something we need to talk about but it just so happens that there are people who still question the greatness of Stephen Curry. Those people are the same people who really question if the Warriors should go ahead and give 33 year old Curry the supermax deal this summer.
That is exactly the topic we will talk about today. But before we start this discussion, I would like you to play sports analytics and try to tell the future of the Warriors’ franchise. Do you personally think that the Warriors need to spend THAT much money on the Steph Curry deal? I would really like to hear your opinion as I’m very curious what you, my dear subscribers, Golden State Warriors fans, and just passing-by viewers think about the league’s future. Now grab some snacks, get yourself comfortable and enjoy this video. But before that, smash that like button, subscribe to the channel if you haven't done so already, and hit that notification bell to get updates on our latest NBA content. Also, feel free to leave in a comment section what can I do to improve my videos.
Let’s keep rolling.
Firstly, I would like you to take a look at the situation in general if you don’t know what we’re talking about here.
Curry's five-year, 201 million dollar contract has only one season left on it and expires in mere months. The two-time NBA MVP will be eligible to sign a four-year, 215.4 million dollar extension that would run through the 2025-26 NBA season.
There are plenty of wild speculations when it comes to where Stephen Curry would land this summer but the majority of NBA fans believe that Chef Curry will sign an extension with the Warriors. Even the Golden State Warriors’ general manager Bob Myers is convinced that the extension will happen:
“We're excited about that. We're excited about next season. You know, coming back with Draymond (Green) and Steph playing at such a high level to finish the season and to get Klay back and to have the opportunity to fortify our roster, to see these young guys emerge, it's all very exciting.” Steve Kerr commented on possibilities for Steph’s supermax extension.
The Golden State Warriors are absolutely ready to give the first unanimous MVP each and every penny from that 200 million dollar + supermax deal. Do we even need to talk about Dub nation’s feelings about this?
“Steph can’t even win an NBA Finals MVP, and he now can’t even make the playoffs when they let EVERYBODY in.
Contrary to Rob, I do think that Stephen Curry one hundred percent earned that 200 million dollar mark and has done A LOT for the franchise. Let’s start one by one:
1. He is loyal to the Golden State Warriors down to the bone. Stephen Curry has spent the past 12 years with the only NBA team he has ever known. Few players in the league have stayed this long with their team.
2. Reviving the team and bringing three NBA titles to the Bay. Needless to say, but Stephen Curry is the number one reason for the rise of the Warriors in the 2010s. Yes, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green, Kevin Durant, Shaun Livingston, and many more are also important parts of that super successful Warriors’ run but all that simply wouldn’t be the case if Stephen Curry wasn’t around.
3. Steph Curry is the offensive engine of the Dubs. This man took home the scoring title two times in his career so far, once in 2016 and recently in 2021 outscoring the whole league by himself.
4. Curry is a very consistent player who doesn’t show any signs of slowing down.
5. Steph makes players around him drastically better. Curry is an awesome playmaker, capable of dropping a dime from any place on the court, he draws double, triple, EVEN QUADRUPLE teams like crazy every game.
And what is your opinion? Tell me what you think about whether the Dubs should resign Curry? If yes, – does Steph deserve that much money? Why?
I appreciate every single one of your comments so feel free to tell us what you think in the comments down below, and once again, make sure to leave a like on this video and hit that subscribe button to catch up with the best NBA content.
If you like this video, make sure to watch my other videos about recent NBA news and the craziest rumors! Thank you for watching!
#goldenstatewarriors #goldenstate #warriors #stephencurry #stephcurry #steph #curry #nba #nbanews #nbarumors #nbatraderumors #nbatrade
Meet The Golden State Warriors New SECRET WEAPON!
Steph Curry's BEST PLAYS Of The 2020-21 Regular Season 🔥