F1, F1News, Formula 1
🔔 Subscribe now with all notifications on for more F1 News, Formula 1 2022, Formula 1 News, Max Verstappen, Leclerc, Hamilton, Red bull racing, Ferrari F1, Mercedes F1
Hi There, welcome to another new video from #F1News In this video, we are going to discuss all the commotion surrounding the #FIA from last week. But before we get started, we’d like to ask you to subscribe to our channel and hit the bell so you don’t miss any updates! Done? Then let’s get started!
Immediately after departure Peter Bayer
This week the news came out that Peter Bayer is leaving. In 2017 he joined the FIA where he was the Secretary-General for Motor Sport. In that role, he was responsible for all sporting activities of the FIA.
Since last year he has combined that role with the position of F1 Executive Director, where he was also ultimately responsible for all matters related to Formula 1.
It is not clear why he is leaving the FIA so suddenly. Behind the scenes, there is a lot of friction between the FIA and F1 owners FOM, in which Bayer is closely involved. Bayer was also primarily responsible for the investigation into the Abu Dhabi GP in 2021.
Bayer will in any case be temporarily replaced by Shaila-Ann Rao, who previously served as Legal Director for the FIA. She moved to Mercedes Grand Prix Limited in 2018, where she was successively General Counsel and later Special Advisor to CEO and team principal Toto Wolff.
She will now advise the new FIA president Mohammed ben Sulayem and the rest of the board. She will monitor and manage strategic issues related to Formula 1, commercial negotiations, responding to business opportunities, and the evolution of the organizational structure.
FIA and the penalty for Ferrari
On the Saturday of the Grand Prix weekend in Monaco, Ferrari was fined €25,000 by the FIA. Carlos Sainz was also reprimanded for an ‘unacceptable’ moment on the track during the third free practice session when Spaniard Lance Stroll got in the way. Stroll was on a fast lap.
Sainz and Ferrari accept the fine but completely disagree with the FIA’s choices. According to team boss Mattia Binotto, they are not guilty of the ‘unacceptable’ violation. “As far as we know, traffic in Monaco is always very difficult,” he explains. “We believe that getting in the way was certainly not dangerous.” #F1
📺 Watch the entire video for more information!
About F1 News
🎥 Videos about F1 news, Max Verstappen, Hamilton, Leclerc, Formula 1 2022, Grand prix news
🎨 Written, voiced and produced by F1 News
🔔 Subscribe now for more F1, Grand Prix, Max Verstappen, Leclerck, Hamilton videos
💼 Business Inquiries and Contact
• For business inquiries, copyright matters or other inquiries please contact us at: business.F1news@gmail.com
❓ Copyright Questions
• If you have any copyright questions or issues you can contact us at business.F1news@gmail.com
⚠️ Copyright Disclaimers
• We use images and content in accordance with the YouTube Fair Use copyright guidelines
• Section 107 of the U.S. Copyright Act states: “Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.”
• This video could contain certain copyrighted video clips, pictures, or photographs that were not specifically authorized to be used by the copyright holder(s), but which we believe in good faith are protected by federal law and the fair use doctrine for one or more of the reasons noted above.